This resource page was prepared to supplement the seminar in La Cruz from February, 2020, for the South Pacific fleet.
Download files mentioned in seminar here:
- Provisioning: Totem’s spreadsheet
- Provisioning- non food items
- Totem’s passage meals, with ideas for Mexico provisions
- Provisioning for the South Pacific
Go-to resources for French Polynesia: the best is Jacaranda’s website. Look under Other Good Stuff, and check out their PDF called Provisioning Costs in French Polynesia (2018). Scroll down for Linda’s Provisioning Tips and more!
General provisioning information:
- Long-term provisioning philosophy: when it makes sense
- Canning meat for long-term storage
- Provisions in French Polynesia (2010)
- Precious provisions: planning for scarcity and economy
- All posts on SailingTotem tagged ‘provisioning’ – https://www.sailingtotem.com/tag/provisioning
Excellent reference for strategies to extend the live of provisions on board: The Boat Galley’s Carolyn Shearlock wrote a book called “Storing Food Without Refrigeration” that’s a great help even if you DO have refrigeration.
- Kindle or paperback from Amazon
- Purchase a PDF edition from Carolyn’s website
- Learn more on her website!