We love sharing our enthusiasm for cruising! Wanna meet up? 2020 schedule so far:
- Toronto Boat Show: January 18th & 19th
- Seattle Boat Show: January 24th – 26th
- Ocean Cruising Adventure series (Vancouver, BC): February 29th
- Free cruiser seminars: La Cruz, Mexico, January to April, various dates
- Annapolis Boat Show: October 8 – 12th
Toronto Boat Show
We’ll join the first weekend of the Toronto Boat Show several seminars and sit on panels. Come meet up! Tickets are on sale now: visit the Toronto Boat Show website for details. TRU crew meetup on Saturday night!
Saturday, January 18th
- 11:30 am – The cost to go cruising. A framework for realistic planning including figures across three budget levels
- 3:00 pm – Facing fears and going anyway. Top worries faced by cruisers – and how to break them down to tackle them successfully.
Sunday, January 19th
- 2:00 pm – Route Planning. Telling friends about the dream destinations you’ll sail to is easy. Stepping up to the edge of departure is often stressful and loaded with difficult decisions! Jamie takes the stress out by guiding you through a smart process.
Behan’s excited to join Women’s Day at the show!
- 1:30 pm – Let’s Talk About S#*! Boat Life Behind Closed Doors. Together with Pam Wall, a women-only, no-holds-barred conversation about… the things that don’t fit in glossy magazines but everyone wants to know!
- 3:30 pm – ABC, It’s Easy as 123… Boating with Kids. Behan joins a panel with Carly Poole & Caitlin Simpson to talk about kids and boating.
Seattle Boat Show
We’re exited to be presenting during the first three days of the boat show. All our seminars are on Stage #4 at the Club Level. Outside seminar times, we’ll be hanging out with the crew from Dockside Mail in East Hall #620 – Friday is a great time to catch us. Come say hi!
Friday, January 24th
- 2:00 pm – Making your Escape. From choosing a boat to crossing an ocean. This is your task list to get it done.
- Friday is SBS Uncorked! From 5:00 – 9:00pm, show-goers can swirl a glass of West Coast wine while wandering the show and topping up at tasting stations along the way. We’ll be in the Dockside Mail booth with nibbles to make it a party. Come hang out! Uncorked package info here.
Saturday, January 25th
- 10:15 am – Cruising Forum: Discussion with the Experts. A panel featuring the Swan-Neals (Mahina Tiare), Andy Cross (Three Sheets/48*N and SV Yahtzee), and Will Curry (Hydrovane) with questions from MC Sarah Curry.
- 2:00 pm – Real-World Navigation Electronics. Using radar, AIS and charting on a cruising boat.
- 4:00 pm – The Cost to Go Cruising. A framework for realistic planning including figures across three budget levels.
Sunday, January 26th
- 1:00 pm – Demystifying International Clearance. What’s consistent in the process, what’s not, and the documentation kit you need to bring with you to get around the world!
- 3:00 pm – The Forecast was Wrong: Why it’s usually right, but misunderstood.
Visit the Seattle Boat Show website for tickets and the latest!
Ocean Cruising Adventures 2020
Saturday, February 29
A FAMILY’S 10 YEAR ADVENTURE
7:30-10:00 pm. Presented by The Vancouver Chapter of the Bluewater Cruising Association (BCA) with sponsorship support from Pacific Yachting, we’ll have an evening of information and adventure stories to educate and inspire. Come join us!
Segal Centre at SFU Harbour Centre, 515 West Hastings Street
Doors open at 6:30 PM – cash bar. Tickets are available in advance online or at the door (Cash only) based on seat availability.
Banderas Bay, Mexico: winter 2020 seminars
Totem is spending most of the 2020 winter in Banderas Bay, Mexico, preparing ourselves and supporting the prep of others for a spring passage to French Polynesia. Last winter, our seminars included topics ranging from weather, to DIY rigging checks, to passagemaking and provisioning. Join us!
South Pacific passage planning meetings We anticipate that cruisers in Banderas Bay with an eye on the Marquesas will again gather to share information and plans for their South Pacific passages, a the casual hangout adjacent to PV Sails in La Cruz. Find the Cruisers Comfort lounge by either walking down Calle Tiburon (dirt road that fronts Ana Banana’s), or taking the stairs behind the parking lot at the port captain to PV Sailing; look for signs.
2020 Annapolis Boat Show
We’re sorry to miss the spring program, but can’t wait to sail back to the South Pacific! We’re making plans to return to Annapolis and Cruisers U in October 2020.
Keep in touch, and drop us a note if we’ll see you at a show – or if you’d like us to speak to your organization!